Um, safe for what? For them to SELL, is what.
Yes, so the largest social network is concerned about our safety outside of Facebook. Ha! Our “safety” within Facebook is even more concerning, don’t you think? For a company that resets their privacy policies daily, to rejigger their opportunities to make money of the content you post, content they now OWN.
So Zuck and Co. you’re funny, but you’re not that funny. As long as we understand the irony and idiocy of this cute warning, I guess it’s okay. But do know, Facebook is filtering the information you see from your friends so they can focus you on stuff they want to sell you from their customers.
Be Careful ON Facebook. AND be careful out there.
The graphic is available as a download from slideshare.net: Please Be Careful OFF Facebook
The Essentials of Social Media Marketing:
- Social Media U – videos and best practices
- Digital Strategist’s Notebook – my current best-of for small business
- Workin Facebook – all the Facebook learning you’ll ever need
- The Twitter Way – the Twitter book in post form
- The Other Social Networks – Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest
- Social Media Funnies – cause we need to laugh at ourselves and our social medianess
- Contact Me – the keys to the social media kingdom await