My top two twitter tips.
1. Follow people with interesting bios, similar interests, wacky descriptions of their passions and interests.
1a. Don’t follow people with no bio, or pictures that are too cute (usually women), or with strange letter or number combinations on their user names.
2. If you find the tweeter is legit and you want to take your relationship a step further, you can add them to one of your LISTS. (NOTE: These are not the auto-generated lists from @formulista, those are spam, IMHFO.)
And finally, if you are a list creator, make the description of that list count. (Uh, that was a bonus tip.)
And once again, don’t do auto-lists. They are a new form of spam. List-spam: clogging up the system with useless lists trying to masquerade as authority.
See also The Twitter Way page
- Tweeting Between Tasks, When Your Brain Needs a Break Give Yourself a Tweet
- Get Your List On: Twitter Lists, the New Social Cred System
- How Energized is Your Referral Network? “I’ve Got Someone for You.”
- ReTweet Tweet Tweet – We Are What We Tweet: What Value Are You Giving Your Following?
- What’s Wrong With: #FollowFriday, #AutoDM, #AutoTWEET, #TweetLater – Everything Is Wrong With Them!
- TWITTER RULES: BE REAL | BE LIVE | AUTO NOTHING | CONVERSE