How does blogging help your business?
I absolutely hate the term, BLOG. I rarely refer to myself as a blogger. Um. I guess I am. I guess this <points fingers to all four corners of the page you are reading> is a blog. But don’t remind me of that, okay? I prefer to think of it as a WordPress-enabled website.
So, what is it?
- a book
- a magazine
- a website
- a conversation
- a rant
- a confessional
And therefore what am I?
- a poet
- a writer
- a radical
- a tech writer
- a lunatic
- a blogger
I am NOT a blogger, dammit. Get that straight.
So what has got my “blogging panties in a bundle?” I think it’s the term BLOG. Let’s not call it that any more. I want to be a “writer” when I grow up. I don’t want to be a blogger, for goodness sake.
I share. And I share about blogging. And for YOUR convenience, I’ll string a little Blogging 101 reference here. Just for today, you can call me a blogger, a blogger’s blogger, a blogger who blogs about blogging. But that’s not *really* what I do.
NOTE: we’re relinking these posts, for now please search for the one you’d like to read next.
Blogging 101 for Subversives
- Sorry, Nobody Reads Your Blog: Get Over It and Get On With It!
- Social Media Strategist Notes: You Blog, Right? Tell Me Why Not Again – Career Path Planning
- 6 Step Process for Refreshing Your Online Content
- Your Site is Down, What Do You Do Now? A WordPress Recovery Process
- How Do I: Make Each Blog Post Count Towards Victory (20 Blogging Tips)
Know Your Numbers
- Web Referrals: Know Your Metrics, Know Your Tools – Evaluating Google+
- Little Blog Marketing Metrics: Insights & Recommendations – Google Analytics Numbers
- The Analytics Microscope: Only Metrics You See Can Become Actionable
- 2011 INFOGRAPHIC on Uber.la < the social media strategy blog stats (jetpack’s infographic of my 2011 stats)
- Google Analytics for Online Marketing in Less Than 2 Minutes (VIDEO “in less than two minutes”)
- SEO and Search in a Social Media World: My Top 16 SEO Thoughts
- Capture and Share Your Experience to Become a Leader: the Blogging Path
- BLOG REALITIES: “I Stopped Reading You A While Back, I Can’t Keep Up”
- Milestones for Launching a New WordPress Site In 30 Minutes
Beyond the Blog
- Let’s Talk About Your Evil Plan(tm) – Yeah, But What Else Are You Doing?
- How Social Media Can Change Your Business – Social Media Strategist Notebook
- The Social Economy: I’m Trying to Give It Away, What’s the Problem? (So Is Everyone Else)
- Personal Branding, What’s In It For You?
My MUST HAVE WordPress Plugins
- BulletProof Security < this should make things pretty solid and unhackable
- Google Analyticator < my favorite GA add on
- Google XML Sitemaps < cause you want to tell the search engines when to update your content
- Greg’s High Performance SEO < much more efficient than All-In-One SEO
- P3 (Plugin Performance Profiler) < see what’s might be slowing your blog down
- Tag Suggest Thing < cause sometimes you just don’t want to think up tags and keywords
- Topsy Retweet Button < much more than a retweet system, check it out
- W3 Total Cache < fantastic caching system, allows for total control
- WassUp < how many people are on your blog right now
- Contact Form 7 < cause you need a contact form
- Disqus Comment System < comments are awesome, but you need a system
- Link Juice Keeper < if you kill a post, this plugin will redirect them without a 404
- WP-reCAPTCHA < spam killa, easy, simple, thorough