+++ This is a refresh from the original in 2011, the topic is still top of mind: How will Healthcare embrace social media? For the most part they just advertise and push marketing materials “using” social channels. But the future of healthcare IS social. And two years after this post, one of the biggest tracks at SXSW is healthcare. +++
This is a new concept for me. A recent post about my ear pain and poor diagnosis from my first doctor visit generated this exchange with a friend and professional colleague.
The wave of the future. A friend *hears* I have an ear ache and reaches out to make sure I am getting appropriate care. And now I am asking for a referral.
Other posts about kicking ass in social media:
- Let’s Talk About Your Evil Plan(tm) – Yeah, But What Else Are You Doing?
- The Quick Course in Online Marketing: Big Picture (Social Media, Search Engine Marketing, eMail Marketing, Content Marketing)
- Chartbeat Web Analytics Package – The Micro-Review
- New Web Design Standards: Flexible-Width and non-IE Browsers Abound
- 8 Steps Getting Social Media To 5 Goals & 2 Wins the [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Defining Social Media: Online Marketing + Social Networks = Social Media
- fCommerce – So, You Want To Make Money on Facebook’s 800 Million Users?
- ROI ROI ROI and Social Media; We Need to Have This Discussion Again
- Facebook Privacy: the Myth, the Changes, the Confusing Privacy Settings
- Damn, We Should Do An Infographic on That; Charts Trying to Be More and Do More?
- Pinterest and the Power of Social Bookmarking: Tag Yourself (Web Design is Dead)
- Social Media MBA – The Reading List