Facebook has a neat innovation they call “Top Stories.”
If you leave your FB setting in Top Stories mode, Zuck and Co. decide for you, what stories are best for you. You might want to move your WALL preference to “Most Recent.” In theory that should show you everything in chronological order, but…
Don’t be surprised to find you WALL filtered and your preference reset to “Top Stories” from time to time. So go check it now. And tell Facebook to stop filtering your content.
Just another way, Zuck and Company DON’T have your best interests in mind. They are more interested in their pocketbooks and the pocketbooks of their board of directors.
Download this presentation from Slideshare.net: Facebook Fails: Don’t Filter My WALL
Other Major Social Network Fails:
- Twitter Jail: What is it? What are the rules? How do I break out?
- Facebook’s Ultimate Fail: Selling Your Friends, While Limiting Your Unpaid Connections With Them
- Twitter Death – Suspended Accounts: FEAR THIS “Your account is currently suspended
More social media marketing tips:
- Marketing Blog Stats for February 2013: Social Media Marketing On Social Media Marketing
- WINDOWS 8 HELL: Dell Is Not the Only Manufacturer Suffering from WIN 8 Aversion
- Hello Twitter, It’s Me Again: Locked Out of My Primary & Essential Twitter Account
- Tethered by Tech: How Things Fail and Theoretical Speed Remains Theoretical
- PAY ATTENTION: 1. What have you been asked to do? 2. Do that. 3. Forget everything else.
- Are You a Connector? Giving Referrals & Recommendations Is Part of Your Work
- Twitter BS: DM Auto-Responders and Who To Follow *NOT*
- KRED Jacks It’s Influencer Points and Spams EVERYONE < A Lesson from #Klout
- Socialwiki.org – ReLaunching the Open Social Media Resource Directory (WIIFM)
- Eight Camera Apps That Kick Instagram’s Ass
- First Responder, Gets the Work; Resist the Urge, Pause, Breathe
- Google Page Rank: What You Know and Don’t Know Can Hurt Your Business
- Collecting Energy: Are You a Collector, Generator, or User?
A few more from the Facebook Fail Hall of Fame:
- Keep Your Filter Off My Frickin Friends! Facebook Fails #28: ZUCK Sucks.
- facebook Pop Quiz #14: does facebook work like an inbox?
- facebook Pop Quiz #13: Another form of blocking friends?
- facebook Pop Quiz #12: Why do you care about MY friends?
- facebook Pop Quiz #11: Why do you bury the “friends” link?
- facebook Pop Quiz #10: How can facebook ads be so bad?
- facebook Pop Quiz #9: Why so hard to ADD a Friend?
- facebook Pop Quiz #8: So you wanna POKE ME now?
- facebook Pop Quiz #7: Why Is facebook Killing the Profile Boxes?
- facebook Pop Quiz #6: How Do You Capitalize facebook? Or Do You
- facebook Pop Quiz #5: Try the Simple Uploader or the Java Uploader – WTF?
- facebook POP QUIZ #4: What’s the top user goal on facebook?
- facebook POP QUIZ #3: Why So Many SETTINGS Pages? Can You Do It In One?
- facebook’s Ad Targeting System: FB Pop Quiz #2
- facebook POP QUIZ #1: Find Your Friends In One Click