Facebook is killing Facebook. We joined Facebook to share our events with our friends and families. And as our organic reach on Facebook drops to 2 – 10%, Facebook is trying to get us to pay $5 to show our post to our “friends.” What?
If there were somewhere else to go, I am pretty sure we would migrate. But why would people move. Google Plus is a pretty good alternative, but it’s not good enough. Or people don’t trust Google. Or there’s just not enough reason to move. Here are my results recently on a page that has over 500 fans.
I’m all for the migration, but I’m not sure I can convince anyone to come with me. Google Plus anyone?
You are killing the reason we got on Facebook.
- Facebook’s Trust Problem – Scott Monty
- Facebook’s Unethical Experiment – Slate
- 46 Things We Learned from Facebook’s Studies – Forbes
- Facebook tinkered with users’ feeds for a massive psychology experiment – AV Club
- Everything You Should Know About the Facebook Experiment – Wired
- AdBlock Plus < get the best adblocking add-on