Last week a group of people we having a meeting across town that I was unable to attend. “Why don’t you put up a Google Hangout and I’ll come virtually.” It reminded me of the time I asked the leader of a Google Wave User’s Group meeting, “What’s the WAVE address?” There was silence on both occasions.
So what is a Google Hangout? How do you set it up? This short video will show you how easy it is. So next week, I’m going to insist. Or perhaps I will go to the event and make it available as a Hangout.
I hope you find this humorous and informative.
Turns out, I didn’t really answer the question, “What’s a Google+ Hangout?” So here’s what an active Hangout looks like. You can have up to 10 people in the hangout at one time. It’s just a simple way to gather friends and people in your circle together.
A few more posts about learning social media:
- Social Business Lead Generation in 75-seconds (VIDEO)
- Twitter’s New Activity Tab Explained in 75-seconds: Learning Twitter
- What is Strategic Content in Social Media?
- Social Media is a Pool Party
- The 10th Discipline of Social Media; Socializing Your Content Effectively
- Introduction to Social Media Marketing in 90-seconds
Link to the mobile version of my Visual Resume