65 days left of my quitting Facebook for 99 days quest. (See: Leaving Facebook) Here are the top 10 things I miss in random order.
- Smiling faces, check-ins, kid and pet pics.
- Stupid and random updates. Viral social trends.
- Political tirades.
- Anti-intellectual pseudo political posts, that are really just Faux News reposts.
- Sharing my musical inspirations and finds of the day.
- Feeling like I could check in on what some of my friends were doing during the week.
- Funny banter between some of my favorite FB jousters.
- Photos, the good, the bad, and the ugly. People share a lot of photos on Facebook.
- The feedback look, just a pingback on some random thought I had about coffee, sometimes feels like a connection.
- Girls. Yeah, so maybe Facebook isn’t Match.com, but I do like seeing my friends and wondering, “Are they still married, or what?”
There is a much longer list of the things I don’t miss, but I’ll cover those later.
Here are the previous posts about this journey so far.
- Facebook Is Down! *die facebook die*
- Dropping Facebook – Where Will You Get Social?
- Facebook, That Crappy TV Show You Mistake for Reality
- Leaving Facebook for 99 Days – Recovering the Creative Energy
@jmacofearth (also seen on Google+: jmacofearth) permalink: http://uber.la/2014/08/top-10-things-…about-facebook/
Check out the Strategist’s Notebook page and these other posts about online marketing:
- Workin Facebook < all the Facebook Posts in one place
- uber.la quickies < a streamlined takeaway from today’s best marketing sources
- Social Media University < 2 minute educational videos
- Social Business MBA < the reading list
- Becoming a Social Media Rockstar: The Quick Path < um… let’s discuss
Let me help you jumpstart your social marketing: