There is no denying that Pinterest is one of the hottest, fastest growing social networks in recent history. Compare it with Google+ and you will see one runaway hit and one tech-lust wannabe. I’ve had to elevate the Pinterest page to its own tab: this is my page to capture all that’s of Pinterest on Uber.la And here’s my Pinterest account: jmacofearth
So what’s so great about Pinterest? Do you really need to learn *another* social network?
All Uber.la Pinterest posts:
- Waiting on Pinterest? The Excitement is on NEXT-PIN Sites – Beyond Pinterest
- Jesus is Following Me and Translating My Pinterest Pins into Spanish (just for fun)
- Pinning for Pleasure; How Business Might Be Missing the Pinboard Metaphor
- PIN THIS! How Pinterest is *Not Really* Kicking Ass for Me Personally
- PIN might be the new POKE (meaningless) What’s POPULAR Right Now on Pinterest
- The Pinterest Effect on Web Design and Usability: Let’s Evolve, Not Devolve
- Is Pinterest More Than Shoes, Skirts, and Happy Kitty Pictures? < But Is It A Social Network?
- Pinterest and the Power of Social Bookmarking: Tag Yourself (Web Design is Dead)
- Fixing Pinterest in One Slide – Improving the Usability of the Fastest Growing Site in Social Media
- The 11th and 12th Disciplines of Social Media: Pinterest and Instagram
- Web Navigation is Magical and Random (Pinterest in 2 slides/slideshare.net)
Pinterest’s Potential Pitfall (Social Media Today)
It took Facebook 5 years to turn a profit, and almost 4 years for Twitter. The model? Ad revenue. It is no secret Pinterest will follow suit, the only question is how long before the network becomes so saturated with inauthentic material that it becomes irrelevant? What will stop Pinterest from becoming another hub of information overload?
- The Bastardization of Pinterest Has Begun – A Rant (Dan Perez Films)
- Pinterest Drives more Traffic than LinkedIn and Google Plus (Jeff Bullas)
- Know Your Internet: What Is Pinterest and Why Should I Care? (The Atlantic)
- Pinterest Partner: Yes, They’re Making Money from Pins (Mashable)
- Social CRM: Should Pinterest pique your interest? (My Customer)
- Why 2 Million Ladies ‘Heart’ Pinterest On Facebook (All Facebook)
Pinterest Clones and New Twists:
- The Fancy – like Pinterest with direct purchase links
- Materesting – like Pinterest with a penis (for manly stuff)
- Punterest – social media today’s comedy idea
- Pingram – Instagram and Pinterest – they’re gonna have to change that logo ripoff.
- IWannaNom – a foodie Pinterest.