Dear Kred Team,
I want to give influencer points on KRED, but every single time I do you tweet it out. It’s called spam. And I don’t appreciate it. And I won’t be giving any further influencer points until you fix it. I’m awaiting your response.
Oh, and I love what you’re doing. I think you have a few steps up on #klout, but let me show you how they ask for permission BEFORE tweeting their self-promo.
Now Klout is not known for their ethical marketing practices. But it seems you can take that page directly from their playbook. I know you’re trying to catch up. But really, you’ve got to know what you’re doing is messed up.
Let me share a response I got this morning, when I was “influencing.”
And now @sidawson are buds, but it didn’t have to start this way.
I think the Kred Story page is cool. I’d say they got my MO just about right. Bloggers, Marketers, Fathers. Yep, that’s pretty good. And they must wonder why, if the call me a 1% top-influencer on Kred why I have so few Influence Points. Well, I think you can read the writing on the wall.
So I hope you clean up your act. And please let me know when you’ve altered your influence process. I’ll be happy to come back and build even more circles of influence using Kred.
From your friend @jmacofearth, one of your 1% most influential people. (Let’s meet up at SXSWi 2013!)
More social media marketing tips:
- Socialwiki.org – ReLaunching the Open Social Media Resource Directory (WIIFM)
- Eight Camera Apps That Kick Instagram’s Ass
- First Responder, Gets the Work; Resist the Urge, Pause, Breathe
- Slaying Trolls & Silencing Snipers in Social Media (The Troll Slayer’s Motto)
- Redirecting Your Steps Towards What Is Important. Are You Doing What Matters in Work and Life?
- Going Fearless at TEDxAustin 2013 (My Personal View)
- False Security on Facebook: Privacy & Security Problems Continue on FB
- Time to Come Clean on LinkedIn: Gut Check Your “Trust Network”
- Early Bird Attack Plan: Try GTD at the Same Time Every Day
- Dear Lithium, I Just Want Pricing from Your Website
- What IS The Cloud: What Do I Care if I’m On a Cloud or a Web Server?
- Google Page Rank: What You Know and Don’t Know Can Hurt Your Business
- Collecting Energy: Are You a Collector, Generator, or User?
Most people don’t really enjoy being mean; they do it because they can’t help it. (from Graham’s Hierarchy of Disagreement)