Okay, I’ve got the hyped-new-revved up social graph search on Facebook. WOOT. Problem is, they’ve MOVED the PRIMARY navigation from TOP LEFT to Middle-of-a-lot-of-stuff RIGHT. WHY. I know the BIGGER search window looks cool, but how many MILLIONS of your users are going to reach for that TOP LEFT section hoping to reorient back to HOME. And instead they’ve gotta go searching for it.
UI, UX, Fail. Please put the main nav items back on the LEFT. Please. Save 200 million users the suffering of your idiocy and bad design. Please, just move it back.
Everybody knows people look at pages from TOP LEFT to right and down. Why bury the MOST IMPORTANT NAV Structure in the right hand mess. Now we’ve got the HOME link again as well. Please, FB, give me social search, but put the main nav elements back to the TOP LEFT corner of the page, where they belong. UX, UI 101.
The Essentials of Digital Marketing:
- Social Media U – videos and best practices
- Digital Strategist’s Notebook – my current best-of for small business
- Workin Facebook – all the Facebook learning you’ll ever need
- The Twitter Way – the Twitter book in post form
- The Other Social Networks – Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest
- Social Media Funnies – cause we need to laugh at ourselves and our social medianess
- Contact Me – let me know how I can help you grow your business online