So much of the frustration of social media marketing is the time spent actually doing mundane and repetitive tasks. And then not knowing exactly what’s working and what is not.
Above is my latest 30-day pull.
Two services are working exceptionally well.
- Disqus Commenting System.
Two services are surprisingly shoddy on their “time on site” stats. How long someone stays on your site give some indication of if they actually READ the content. Chances are anything below a minute is really a BOUNCE. They hit the page, scanned the first sentence or bullet points (you do use bullets, right) and then moved on.
And finally in all the activities I carry out on a per-post basis, it is good to know the losers. Notice DIGG anywhere on the list? I’m not suggesting you don’t DIGG your content, but don’t expect any measurable result from that time spent.
StumbleUpon, Yahoo & Bing Organic searches, Twitterfeed (not sure exactly what this is vs. t.co (the twitter link shortening abbreviation.) and Paper.li.
And two noticable changes.
- Google Plus continues to grow in influence for me. A little less than half the referrals, but I have 1/10th the G+ followers.
- And Reddit is killing it on another blog I’m working with. But here the time on site is very low.
What are your stats? What kinds of results are you seeing in your work? I’d love to hear and post your results/insights too.
Keep It Social Out There!(tm)
This slide is available for download and free use at Slideshare.net: Social Referral Stats – 2013
From the Social Media Strategist’s Notebook
- Dreaming Won’t Cut It – What’s Your Plan, Where’s Your Map?
- How Social Media Can Change Your Business
More for your LEARN box of social media:
- New Cloud Hosting Provider
- DELL: Next Generation Management (Slideshow on Slideshare.net)
- Google AdSense REDUX: IN Through the OUT Door, A YES from a NO
- Apple Gets It and You Don’t! (MSFT, Google, Dell, HP)
- Twitter Huh? So You Just Don’t Get Twitter? Let Me Explain…
- Um, Your LinkedIN Profile Is Kinda Important. You Might Want To Pay Attention!
- Is Blurring the Lines Between Business and Creativity Acceptable? re: writer, musician, marketer
- Google’s AdSense: King Google Does Not Want to Be Bothered
- The Social Media Marketing Secret in Two Words: LinkedIn Groups (best practices)
- Twitter’s Evil Empire and Striking Back for the Rebel Alliance
- All Top 2012 Lists I Can Stand
- King Google Kills My AdSense Account & My Dreams
- Real-world Blogging Stats 2012: When Things Go Dark, SEO-rich Content Rules
- MSFT: Retail Store Redux, How About That Microsoft SURFACE? WOOT!